At the last book club our group of friends had, our dear friend Abbey who happens to be insanely creative brought the dessert. Naturally we were all excited to see what she whipped up and it didn’t disappoint. She made individual cookies, baked them so that they were just soft and gooey and topped them off with vanilla ice-cream. It was pretty much as good as it gets.
So naturally I had to recreate her perfection the next night but in giant form since the best cookie is a giant cookie! Fair warning that this is not a dessert for bikini season (sorry I’m not sorry!). This recipe is so simple that it can be thrown into the oven during dinner to enjoy just after while it is still warm and gooey! Enjoy!
- one package of pre-made cookie dough or your cookie dough of choice for 24 cookies
- ice-cream of choice (we had coffee – naturally I dug through both mine and the boy’s to find all the chocolate coverged beans…)
- Preheat oven to temperature specified in the cookie recipe.
- Grease a cheesecake pan or any spring pan or you can use individual serving size jars. This allows for super easy “extraction” of the cookie.
- Press all of your cookie dough into the bottom of the pan.
- Place in the refrigerator until after dinner or simply pop into the oven if you are ready to enjoy.
- Bake for the amount of time specified in the recipe or until lightly golden brown and still soft.
- Immediately unclasp the spring.
- Cut the cookie into servings while still hot.
- Top with ice-cream and enjoy!