Happy National Watermelon Day! I happen to think that watermelon is one of the more versatile fruits. It can take so many forms, and everyone likes watermelon. Side note: our goats refuse to eat watermelon, which we all just find bizarre. It is delicious by itself, the perfect side for any bbq (cut into fancy shapes of course) or makes the most refreshing juice.
So in honor of National Watermelon Day, here is a super simple recipe for watermelon juice that is perfect for an early week detox from too much fun and sun!
- a medium sized seedless watermelon
- your choice of sparkling water
- large knife
- blender of sorts
- Cut the watermelon in half and continue to cut the watermelon off of the rind into small chunks. Discard the rind.
- Place the small chunks into your blender. My blender didn’t recognize the weight of the watermelon until I smashed it down a bit….
- Blend the watermelon until well blended and frothy. You can strain the juice at this time if you don’t love pulp.
- Pour the juice into a large pitcher or glass bottle.
- Serve over ice with a splash of sparkling water.
- Enjoy on a hot summer day, preferably with a straw!