Meet Mia, my co-conspirator on this lovely affair.
When our best friend, Kacie, moved home after living in Denver and Boulder after college, we had so much to celebrate. Our wolfpack had (at least mostly) reunited, it was her 27th birthday, and Kacie and her boyfriend, Tag, had just gone into contract on their first home.
Kacie turned 27 on the 27th, which if you don’t know, means it’s her golden birthday. Judging from our average readership age, your golden birthday may have come and gone already, but keep this fun excuse to really go for it in mind for your friends and family.
Thankfully, all things gold are Kacie’s favorite, just like mine. We had so much fun hatching this borderline surprise party plan. Here’s a look!
- Gold letter balloons that spelled out “GOLDEN GIRL”
- 40″ number balloons for a 2-7
- Regular gold balloons
- Gilded pineapples, a brilliant idea of Mia’s
- Glitter champagne bottles, another brain child of Mia’s
- Gold votives
- White flowers in gold vases
- Photos of Kacie and some of her favorite people
- Gold striped and pineapple straws
- Gold rimmed cups and plates
- Tags made of Tags 😉
- Costumes that also played into the décor
Such a fun couple of days!