On Christmas Eve, the Detwiler Family is due to receive the best gift ever — a baby girl, daughter of my cousin Anna and her husband, Robert.
I have only been to one baby shower in my life, let alone ever hosted one. My cousin Heather and I jumped at the opportunity to host a celebration for Anna and her little one. It was a beautiful afternoon full of lots of love, bubbles, bites, and gifts. We can’t wait to meet you, Baby Parker!
We couldn’t resist some pink (and gold, duh) and so selected this gold foil square invite with a pink envelope liner from Paperless Post, the paper line.
Since the shower was in October, we easily decided on an autumn theme. I found this photo on Pinterest that served as inspiration (more to come on these very versatile decorations!):
Here’s our version, plus some additional gold and pink details with some canvas and chalkboard signs:
We decided on a baby shower brunch since it was on a Sunday and provided some yummy small bites of both breakfast and lunch foods.
Heather and I prepared:
- A mimosa bar and some non-alcoholic options
- French toast casserole with maple syrup (rave reviews. recipe here.)
- Avocado toast with homemade bread
- Bacon wrapped fingerling potatoes (my personal favorite. recipe here, plus we brushed on some pesto before baking.)
- Veggie cheese quiche from Cristina’s (which disappeared in about 20 minutes)
- Donut hole kabobs
Friends of the mom-to-be brought:
- Mini quiche
- Kale salad (our all-time favorite. recipe here)
- Pumpkin and red velvet cupcakes from Bigwood Bread (anna’s favorite)
- Caramel chocolate cake from Cristina’s (another of anna’s favorites)
- Baguette with spinach dip and mixed veggies
Anna and Baby Parker are so loved, and that showed with the guest list and the size of the present pile! I’ve also never had so many small children in my home, let alone newborns!
It was a great day, and we are counting down the days until Baby Girl Parker’s arrival!