Yep, it’s most of the way through October. However, September was an exceptionally great month, especially the very end! Here’s a look at a bunch of exciting experiences and travels from September.
1. stanley family retreat. When brother drew came into town, the Detwiler family, plus Lisa, decided to head north and spend some time unplugged, and most importantly, together. We had a lovely night in Stanley, and this may need to be a new tradition!
2. meet the blackadars. The last stop on our wedding tour of the West found us back in beautiful, but chilly, McCall for the Blackadar nuptials. Lesson: never discount the unpredictability of weather in the mountains! Despite the snowfall the night prior and a very wet start to the day, the Blackadar wedding was a great time, and we were thrilled to celebrate Erin and Bill!
3. bittersweet goodbyes. As you all know, my brassblossom boyfriend departed for the city by the sea a few weeks ago to chase her dreams and kick some ass. Thankfully, I was distracted and out of town when she actually departed, cutting down on potential teary moments. To send her off in style and celebrate her bday, we tore up the small town of Stanley (and were on the struggle bus for all of sunday, worth it), and went on lots of lovely hikes. So proud of Taylor!
4. the big apple. I traveled to New York City for work and had the pleasure of staying with dear friends who showed me some of the city’s best — and a whole lot of incredible food. I think we’re all still recovering! It was an amazing weekend, and one that made me excited to return to explore more of this beast of a beautiful city.
5. best tuesday ever. On Tuesday, September 29, after I’d been stuck in the JFK airport for 6 hours, spent the night in Salt Lake City, and had a crazy half day at work, Chase and I went down to Silver Creek Preserve because he “wanted to take some photos,” as he frequently does. After an incredible sunset, some Dang’s Thai Cuisine, and what turns out some faux photo snapping on Chase’s part, he pulled me up onto my feet, he got on on knee, I blacked out, I tried to sit down into a sagebrush, he stood up, I said yes, we hugged for a long time, he put a ring on my finger, and we both cried a little bit (sorry, cha-se). It was an absolutely unforgettable Tuesday fall evening, and we are both so lucky. On September 17, 2016, I will be Mrs. Millemann! Woah! That is crazy, and I just cried a little again. Ironically, we have pretty horrible photos of the event, although there is about a pretty epically awkward and emotional 7- minute video from his camera, which was on a tripod. That video will not be included here 🙂
October has been crazy busy, but soon enough, I will return to weekend love its!