The past couple of weeks have been a bit gloomy in Idaho. But unlike the weather my last couple of weeks haven’t been gloomy at all. I recently became a new “mommy” and have loved every hysterical moment so far!
Here is a look at the past couple of weeks!
1. goats. I am in love, head over heals, with our baby goats. We welcomed Lemon, Farrah, Bernard and Zoro into our family last week and are now all suckers for their little goat faces and tail wags. We just got goats for fun and they have been a bundle of fun since day one. Visits are welcome and gallons of milk are appreciated as these little buggers are quite crazy for the bottle!
Here are a few pictures with a post dedicated entirely to the goats and many goat questions to follow ASAP!
2. vampire weather. Long ago when the Twilight movies had millions of people waiting in line for the premiers, Krista dubbed “vampire weather.” It’s weather like the Cullen Family would appreciate and not be called out for being vamps (think rainy, overcast, dark, gloomy, perfect to kill something weather). And Idaho has had just that recently. Although we live in sunny Sun Valley we have had about a week of rain and rain is on the forecast for quite some time. Even though I adore sunshine and all things related, I am thankful for the much needed moisture that it provides and the good excuse to curl up with a good book, some tea, a puppy, a pug, the boy and maybe a goat friend or two or four….
3. dr pimple popper. Warning this is not for the weak of stomach. Skip ahead if you don’t care for the popping of bodily fluids. I however, just like the sunshine, love popping anything I can get my hands on. Zits, blackheads or whiteheads I am a picker. The boy doesn’t quite share my enthusiasm and looks at me like I’m Darth Vader every time I come at him with my finger nails.
But for those of you who share my appreciate look up Dr Pimple Popper (aka Dr Sandra Lee). She has the most amazing YouTube and Instagram accounts that you will ever find. She is literally changing the lives of her patients and making millions on popping pimples. You will not regret it. Just like I didn’t regret recently admitting that my current favorite Instagram accounts are Dr Pimple Popper and Bird Dog of the Day.
4. cancer cards. Life kinda sucks some times. Cancer sucks, comas suck, brain diseases suck and these cards are just for that. When life sucks and an “I’m sorry” or “I’m thinking of You” card just doesn’t seem appropriate, these empathy cards have your back. In light of recent events I found these cards quite comforting and humerous and the maker’s story inspiring.
5. cupcakes. A bundt cake that was frosted and sprinkled with cereal has been dancing in the back of my mind for weeks. So when I was asked to make birthday cupcakes for our two good friends, who also happen to be the cutest love birds, I knew cereal cupcakes would be perfect. Cereal is light, fun, sometimes colorful and doesn’t scream engagement cupcakes (not what you are going for at a co-birthday party…).
I asked what their favorite cereals were and while I was hoping for some colorful Trix or Fruit Loops they both picked very respectable cereals (however slightly boring but I suppose that is what life comes to after like the age of 7). Thus, “Captain Cody” and “Honey Bunches of Tori” cupcakes were born. I encourage you all to add cereal to your next cupcake as these were all gobbled right up!
6. book club. Every so often Krista’s and my group of friends participate in a book club. At the ripe age of 25 I have found that there always just seems to be a bit less time to open a book and get lost in the pages. And that is why I really love book club. Because it’s an easy way to keep reading and keep my brain firing. Although book clubs can by synonymous with wine club, I think it’s wonderful regardless of what actually happens at “book club.” It’s a good excuse to pick up a book, meet with some friends and enjoy a delicious dinner.
So this last week I hosted “book club” for All the Light We Cannot See. And while only two out of the five of us actually finished the book by our meeting date, we still had a great time. We talked about the book themes and title a little, enjoyed tortilla soup and a garden grown salad and played and fed the baby goats. All in all it was a wonderful evening!
7. pug hates kisses. Pugs. I just love pugs. But this pug doesn’t quite feel the love. For those of you that don’t like popping pimples, I hope you enjoy this video. And if you don’t enjoy bodily fluids popping and pugs you are officially on my black list.
8. the stanley baking co. Nom nom nom. Every year I diligently wait for the Stanley Baking Co to reopen it’s doors for the summer. I check their website several times starting in early spring for their open date. And since they opened their doors this weekend I made it a mission to go. The boy happens to be quite agreeable with my missions so we enjoyed a lovely drive and late breakfast this morning.
The food at the was amazing but the views today were breathtaking. You can’t beat a delicious Sunday breakfast with astonishing views!