It’s been a doozy of a couple weeks — and my life will continue to be crazy — as I’m preparing for my biggest work event of the year. For that reason, I have really been a fan of the freshness of spring, healthy habits, new beginnings, keeping it simple, and, as always, celebrating the people I love in my life.
Here’s a look at the last couple of weeks:
1. spring and healthy habits: Spring has sprung! There are shoots of bright green everywhere you turn right now, and it’s so energizing. I have tried to hike at least four times per week, I’m drinking as much water per day as possible, and I’m soaking up every ounce of sun I possibly can between a crazy work schedule.
2. new beginnings: I started to include this in my love it from two weeks ago, but the cat wasn’t out of the bag yet. I am so excited that the boy started a full-time job as a dealer services representative at hunting apparel company, First Lite. While I love all things furry and feathered, First Lite is a truly awesome company that takes care of its people and is growing like the spring grass in Sun Valley right now. Also, Taylor and I have matching hobbies, matching dogs…so why not add boyfriends with matching jobs to the list? I am so very proud of him and so excited to finally be able to share some incredible Sun Valley summer weekends with him!
3. keeping it simple: My cousin Anna introduced me to to Blue Apron last week, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. They sent me three meals on Saturday — all three were easy to prepare, super delicious, healthy, and even came in 100% recyclable and compostable packaging materials. I highly recommend Blue Apron fro crazy weeks like I’m having this week!
4. some love for my favorite ladies: The boy and I ventured to the big city this weekend to celebrate his sister’s engagement. I attended a beautiful fiesta themed wedding shower that featured some very inspiring event ideas and a classy turned crazy engagement party on the water. It was such a beautiful weekend, and I am so excited for Jenna and Brad to tie the knot this summer!
My mom celebrated her 64th birthday on Saturday. Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you very much.
On my way home from San Francisco, I received the absolutely incredible news that Hilary Clinton will run for President of the United States in the 2016 election. This makes my heart pitter patter. It’s about time a woman controlled the Oval Office, and I just couldn’t think more of this incredible woman. This video legitimately brings goosebumps to my arms and tears to my eyes.
As this New York Times article states, “Pay equity is an issue that Mrs. Clinton’s candidacy will take up in earnest, along with others important to many women, like paid family and medical leave, a higher minimum wage and affordable access to child care.” Amen.
I also love this quote from her 2008 concession speech: “Although we weren’t able to shatter that highest, hardest glass ceiling this time, thanks to you, it’s got about 18 million cracks in it,” she said. “And the light is shining through like never before, filling us all with the hope and the sure knowledge that the path will be a little easier next time.” Hillz for Prez!
5. care packages: College = care packages. I am long past college, but this care package from my brother felt college cool…even more cool was that it was addressed to “the brass blossom.” I could get used to that! Thanks for the delicious snacks and tank tops from company 50th State of Mind, brother Drew!
6. got: There’s really nothing I need to say about this show…you know. I loved hearing some creative takes from people much funnier than me on GOT this week. The first episode was amazing! Can’t wait for an awesome season.
I hope you have a far less hectic week than I will 🙂