I saw the following picture on Pinterest about a month ago and totally fell in love with the concept of having gold dinos as a “theme” for a party. I was so in love with this idea that I couldn’t spend the creativity on just anybody. Lucky for me, the end of March brought the perfect occasion.
As I mentioned before, many of my friends celebrate March birthdays. When one great friend came home for her birthday, we hatched a plan to have a co-birthday party with some other birthday girls whose names start with “K.” And so the “K” party, complete with gold dinos, fondue, and some gin and tonics was born. He’s a look!
The décor was “fierce” (ha) but feminine:
- An assortment of plastic dinosaurs spray painted gold. I found the dinos at the drug store after realizing that large replicas of the prehistoric creatures are kind of crazy expensive. I opted for the smaller, cheaper ones and just bought more.
- A handmade happy birthday sign
- Big gold and clear balloons
- Gold letters spelling “YAY, K”
- Gold votives
- Tissue paper confetti in blues and pinks
- Handmade “holey” paper
The menu was simple and straightforward and of course featured lots of cheese. We enjoyed:
- Cheese fondue with apple, bread, sausage, broccoli and roasted potatoes for dipping
- Arugula salad with strawberries, red onion, and feta
- An orzo and arugula salad by Kacie
- Goat cheese toast points from Rachel
- German chocolate cakes in mason jars with fresh berries and whipped cream
- Gin and tonics and champagne
it was a great mellow night with great friends and of course a little cards against humanity. Happy birthday, ladies! I’m so lucky to have you in my life.