1. Home and the holidays: I have been traveling for about 24 out of the last 40 days. While it’s been great to visit some big cities and beach cities — NYC, SFO, Denver, Cabo Pulmo, Newport Beach and LA — to say I’m tired would be a complete understatement. I can barely climb the stairs without wanting to climb in bed. I am so thrilled to be home for the holidays with no plans of travel for the foreseeable future.
I set to work decorating for Christmas as quickly as I could. While the tree isn’t up yet (we’re going to cut one down this weekend), I’ve added some subtle sparkly touches to my house to get in the Christmas spirit. I also found some true gems at Target to inspire my ugly sweater look for this season.
2. My Ducks: I have to be honest, at one point I did not see this one coming — the Ducks are ranked #2 in the nation after a long season of ups and downs. I thought we were finished after a sad showing against the cougs and a loss against the wildcats…but we’re back, in a big way. When choosing a college, football prowess was at the very bottom of the priority list. I had no clue what a first down was, let alone the Heisman Trophy. I would never call myself an expert — and my football love is solely reserved for the Ducks — but I’ve loved becoming a Duck fan, through and through. We will play the Florida State Seminoles on January 1 in the first ever College Football Playoffs (which I think is a far superior system) ….let’s start the new year right, and let’s go, Ducks! Also, Mariota for the Heisman!
3. New job: Yes, I am very busy. However, I like being busy, and every girl needs some wine money. I recently started working rare Saturdays at a local shop, Huck and Paddle. Huck and Paddle sells modern and rustic home décor, but it’s even more amazing than that sounds. The store itself is beautiful with tree trunk displays and a “cowboy room,” and looking through the merchandise is like a sophisticated treasure hunt. I want everything. I am so thrilled to be working there, and thankful to the owner, Brandy, (who is already an incredible boss) for hiring me! Come visit Huck and Paddle for your holiday shopping and stocking stuffers! Follow them on Instagram at @huckandpaddle for some décor inspiration and new arrivals.
4. New beginnings: A good esthetician is a hard thing to find…total bonus when she turns out to be a good friend. Congratulations to Lea for recently opening her new waxing boutique, Bare. I stopped by her grand opening last week and was super excited to try out her new lavender scrub…stocking stuffer spoiler alert!
5. Celebrations: This past Sunday, we hosted our second annual friendsgivemas. It was the perfect occasion to celebrate food, wine, friends, family, pups, and our hopes for snow this season. Stay tuned for an upcoming post! I also remembered my late father, who would have been 64 on December 5. He was such a character and incredible guy, and I miss him very much!
Happy Holidays, everyone!