The past two weeks have been weeks of extremes, but great all the same. Here’s a look!
1. A fresh blanket of snow: On Sunday, we woke up to the first fresh blanket of snow on the ground. It of course took about two hours in the morning sun to melt, but there’s still some lingering in the mountains surrounding the valley. I can’t believe ski season is less than a month away, and while I always think winter lasts a bit too long around here, I was still as excited as ever to wake up to snow for the first time in a long time. Here’s hoping for some serious powder this ski season! Snow gods, be good to us! Here are a few pretty photos from some talented local photographers, and one of our backyard 🙂
2. Magic does exist: Anyone who knows me at all knows that I am still waiting for an owl to deliver my acceptance letter to Hogwarts. Life would just be so much cooler with wands, butter beer, and hippogriffs. I’m sure you’ve seen this, but you need to actually watch it — more proof that Harry Potter is a total genius and all-around awesome human being/wizard. Chase likes to remind me that he’s not actually Harry Potter…I plug my ears.
3. The suite life and my duckies: Chase’s sister’s, fiancés, mother’s friend (have I lost you yet) had some extra tickets to the Ducks vs. Cal game at the new Levi’s stadium. It was heaven…Chase remarked “this is how man was meant to watch football.” I remarked, “This is how woman is meant to watch football.” I was literally skipping with delight when the elevator brought us to the top floor of the stadium. It was a like a five-star hotel…with bottomless top-shelf booze and delicious, gourmet food. As I will likely never experience this kind of VIP treatment again, I took full advantage. Even better, the Ducks came out with a W, and kept the momentum this weekend vs. Stanford. Thanks to everyone who made this suite experience happen!
4. Figuratively exploding with love and excitement: Power couple alert! A quick shout out to my beloved, lovely, and golden-hearted cousin, Erica, who is officially off the market as of Sunday! She is such a beautiful person and someone who just makes life make sense to me. I’m so excited for her and her fiancé, Carter. Can’t wait to watch you two share a life of love and happiness! xoxo
5. Rushmypassport.com: Nothing quite compares to the sheer panic of realizing that you haven’t seen you passport in a couple months….two weeks before you’re meant to leave for Mexico…and not finding it after scouring your house, office, and car at about 11 p.m. With a strong cocktail in hand, Chase came to the rescue with the discovery of rushmypassport.com, a courier service that can get a new passport to you within about 48 hours if needed. While is costs a pretty penny, my Mexico vacation was certainly worth it. The service was easy, straightforward, and very user-friendly, and even though the checklist seems daunting, I was able to pull all of the materials together within a couple hours and send it off. I was skeptical about the process as in my mind the government should only be handling these kinds of things…But, the reality is that they don’t guarantee a passport within 14 days of your request, especially if you live in Idaho. Behold, new passport! Mexico, here I come!
7. This isn’t Nam — there are rules here: I’m not really one for costumes, but the boy and I pulled it together at the very last minute and went out on Halloween night as “the dude” and Walter from Big Lebowski. As I am a girl with long blonde hair that doesn’t weigh 250 lbs. I had to get creative and stay committed — cue the bowling ball that I carried with me the entire night. It ended up being a great night full of hilarious Big Lebowski quotes. Happy Halloween!
8. Vote, vote, vote: As a young woman living in Idaho, politics can be…a little frustrating, to say the least. Handing in my ballot today was such a satisfying feeling, no matter the results. Then again, Blaine County is literally a tiny speck of blue in a vast, vast expanse of red…That fact is a bit scary from the lens of women’s rights, and I will keep voting every chance I get.
I will be in Mexico for the next week, so you probably won’t hear much from me :). Have a great week! xoxo