This weekend was all about relaxing. One of the best investments that the boy and I have made is a ginormous L-shaped couch that intermittently functions as a small island. I am a firm believer that some weekends are just meant for being lazy. So we made the best of our couch this weekend with the colder weather and indulged in a wonderful homemade dinner, lots of baseball and some reading.
Here are a few things that I have been loving, especially during this lazy weekend!
1. Vie Activewear Instagram. This week VIE ACTIVE featured a photo of mine on their instagram as I was wearing their super awesome leggings in Urban Warrior. The boy got me these (as well as a few other awesome pieces) for my birthday and I have been obsessively wearing them since. I wore them on our recent Goat Lake adventure and took a zen yogi photo that I obviously instagrammed. I was incredibly excited and humbled to be ‘regrammed’! Thanks Vie Active!
A look below at my 15 minutes of fame!
2. Siri as a BFF. My incredible aunt Kory, who is the most patient and loving mother to her three kids, recently posted an article on Facebook that I found wonderful and endearing. The NY Times Article is essentially a love letter to Apple’s Siri from the mother of a boy with autism. The article is at times hysterical while being both comforting and optimistic in a technology obsessed world. A great read for anyone.
3. Comfort Food Dinner. The boy and I enjoyed the most comforting meal at his parent’s house this weekend. It was the perfect way to end the work week and set the tone for the rest of the weekend. We enjoyed a cheese plate (which I ate about 75% of…no shame), a pear and toasted nut salad, homemade chicken/veggie pot pie and gelato for dessert.
The boy’s mom is an overall superb cook/baker/lady who manages to throw a meal together without any apparent effort. I am constantly baffled at her ease and creativity in the kitchen. She topped the homemade chicken/veggie pot pies with cut up Pillsbury Rolls, which she browned to perfection. They were obviously delicious!
I was in heaven. Food porn below of the delicious meal!
4. Final Fall Walks. The boy and I have been taking full advantage of what has seemed like a never ending Indian Summer with fall walks on a trail near our house. We pack the stroller into the truck (obviously for the pug and not a baby…) and set off in hopes of wearing Maude Pod out. Even when I’m in a horrible mood, walks like these cheer me up with the fresh air, crazy puppy and beautiful scenery.
5. Oregon Students Play Beer Pong in Student Section at Oregon Game. Oregon football is no joke. And the student section at Oregon football is serious. There are guards at the entrance blocking the section and I always found it a win to make it in and out in one piece. Even though I enjoyed many a game in this section, I always felt like a slight impostor. I love the social aspect of football but cant quite say that I LOVE football.
But these fans LOVE Oregon football and obviously America. They inspire me to be a better Oregon fan. A high five is in order for these lads.
6. “The Husband’s Secret” by Liane Moriarty. After reading “Big, Little Lies” by Moriarty I was excited to begin another book by the author for our upcoming book club, which could also be termed a wine/social club. Regardless of what really occurs at “book club,” it pushes me to read a bit more, which is always a good thing. I truly appreciate Moriarty’s writing style. Her books are easy reads yet captivating and page turners. I loved reading “Big, Little Lies” and didn’t see the twist in the book coming at all. Great reads for anyone looking for their next book!
7. Pretty Pies. Food52 recently featured 9 Ways to Fancy Up Your Pies to help you up your game for the upcoming Holiday Season. I am constantly looking for baking inspiration and easy ways to up my game for the Holiday Season (who isn’t?). So I am now inspired and on a mission to make a leaf lattice pie if only to take beautiful pictures of it. Inspiration pictures below!