I know, I know, easiest recipe ever….But, I may have some additional ideas for you.
Avocado toast is one of my favorite breakfast foods, and I’m not a breakfast person. It’s crunchy, savory, goes great with a smoothie, and avocados are just so….green and lovely. I love that color.
Here’s my avocado toast approach:
- bread of choice — I go for a gluten free herb focaccia
- 1/2 an avocado
- sea salt
- black pepper
- red chili flakes
- lemon wedge
- If you are slicing your bread, cut it into thin slices and toast until golden brown
- Cut an avocado in half, rotating around the pit. Use the side that doesn’t contain the pit and keep the other half fresh in the fridge. Slice and scoop slivers of avocado one at a time and arrange on the toast. You can also remove the skin from the avocado and place the lighter side down, then slice evenly.
- Gently mash the avocado into the bread so the slices don’t fall off while eating using a butter knife.
- Top with red chili flakes, sea salt, black pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.