After an all-girls camping trip fell through this weekend, I was initially a little bummed. However, it was so refreshing to have some unstructured time this weekend. Sometimes the best things happen spontaneously, and this weekend proved that. I still managed to spend plenty of time outdoors, by the water, and just relaxing.
Here’s what I’ve loved this past week:
1. Cheering from the sidelines: After tearing my meniscus (again), I decided to retire my soccer cleats, maybe indefinitely. While this is a major bummer, I had a ball (no pun intended) just supporting the Green Team (my coed soccer team, also known as team Mexico) from the sidelines and of course enjoying some wine. Thanks to my friend Max for taking his bartender ability to the field!
2. Hey, I put some new shoes on/And suddenly everything’s right: I don’t know why I was so against Toms wedges when they initially came out, but I’m officially a convert. Their original canvas flats were my savior during a 5-week backpacking trip in Europe, so it shouldn’t have come as a surprise that these strappy wedges are crazy comfortable. In my opinion, they are also work appropriate for the summer. I work in a pre-K through twelfth grade school, so that’s also saying something. They’re not too high, not too fancy, and help me feel significantly less frumpy while wearing length appropriate apparel on a daily basis.
3. Water dogs: Knee injuries run in the family — my dog Zoe recently had double ACL surgery and has since been rocking chicken legs. Swimming is at the top of her recommended therapy activity list, so I’ve tried to take her to the Sun Valley pond at least two times per week. This Saturday, you could tell she’d turned a corner, because she was (almost) as puppy-like as her crazy sister Parley. These two were so cute frolicking in the water and chasing sticks.
4. Progress towards an equal society: Is it just me, or have there been more thought-provoking articles about women’s rights (specifically pertaining to violence) in the news lately? It’s a very important conversation, and we need to see change. Now. If you don’t think it’s an issue, then maybe you should read this chilling article from the New York Times or about another case of domestic violence involving a professional athlete (just for example). If this guy doesn’t inspire you, then maybe this article about the recent onslaught of sex spreadsheets will. Then again, I’d like to thank the boy for keeping my debate skills on point by arguing that women do this as well.
5. The rediscovery of my passion for weddings: Between Jenna’s recent engagement, binging on Say Yes to the Dress episodes, the mistake (?) of liking Style Me Pretty on Facebook, and the mistake (!) of clicking around on Brilliant Earth (I have a diamond ring now stalking me on Facebook on the ad side panel), I can’t get enough of weddings (again). I went through a serious phase when I tweeted about weddings on the daily, and I’m considering starting again. It’s hard to choose, but this rustic inspiration photo shoot featured on SMP probably caught my eye the most this past week. Enjoy!
6. A hike to an Idaho mountain lake: More to come in an Idaho adventure post, but how beautiful is this?! I heart Idaho.
7. National tequila day. Every day should be National Tequila Day! Thanks to Rick at The Cellar for these tasty treats on Thursday!
I hope you all have a great week!