When I hosted a birthday gathering for Taylor last year (which was before our blog started, a.k.a. no photos), I knew I needed to add some pops of color to my very boring and very neutral table situation. I thought about just laying some paper down from my favorite paper shop, Willow Papery, but I didn’t want to be wasteful. So, I decided to laminate them. And, I know just how much Taylor loves all things laminated.
Torn between all the beautiful paper available, I also opted to make the place mats double sided for optimal use. This is a great gift idea, and you can easily theme these place mats to holidays, seasons and other occasions.
If you’re not feeling like using a paper cutter, also check Layla Grace place mats. They are adorable!
This project takes about 45 minutes total (if you make eight double sided place mats like I did).
- large pieces of paper (at least 11×17) of your choice — check out a local stationery store, or grab some cute wrapping paper
- paper cutter
- ruler or yard stick
- pen or pencil
- laminator (or a local office store like FedEx Kinko’s, or if you’re in Ketchum, Business as Usual)
- Cut the paper into however many place mats you want using the ruler or yard stick, pen or pencil, and a paper cutter. I recommend at least eight.
- Laminate with a thick laminate. Many places have a pre-cut 11×17 sleeve, which made the process go much faster.
- Enjoy! They are easy to clean and store.