I hope you all had a lovely long weekend. My weekend was full of being a new “mom,” wellness and taking advantage of the gorgeous weather here.
Here are a few things that I am currently loving…more like absolutely obsessed with in the case of our new puppy:
1. Miss Maude. Last Wednesday we brought home Maude (like Harold and Maude). Maude is a female black lab and the newest love in our lives. She is so perfect and adorable and makes getting anything done nearly impossible! Here are only a few of the hundreds of pictures I have taken to give you a daily puppy fix!
2. Sun Valley Wellness Festival. I was fortunate enough to attend the Sun Valley Wellness Festival this year with my wonderful aunt. Every presentation and keynote speaker that I attended was truly amazing and inspirational. From eating to stress to meditation, this festival covers it all.
The presentation that most resonated with me was by Panache Desai titled “Change Your Energy, Change your Life: Fueling Your Thoughts, Shifting Your Resonance, and Creating Your Future.” Panache was everything from profound to hysterical and at multiple points had us practicing a few “Bollywood” dance moves. Not to mention, he has been on Oprah.
The ABSOLUTE highlight of my weekend and most likely year was attending a keynote presentation by Kris Carr. I have shared my love for Kris Carr previously as a featured blog on my Love It – Favorite Blogs. I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to listen to Kris Carr share her personal story and quest for “wellness” and to meet her. Not to mention she was extremely funny, gracious and humble.
3. Hiking/Trail Running. One of my favorite forms of exercise and in a way meditation is hiking and trail running. I am extremely fortunate to live in a place that I can literally hike or run for miles out of my back door. I love to take my brother’s black lab if I am going solo or meet up with friends for a bit of social time.
4. Birthday BBQ. It was one of our good friend’s birthday on Saturday night and we helped her celebrate with fun BBQ full of friends and furry friends. Maude soaked up all of the attention and was completely exhausted by the end of the night.
5. The Goldfinch. I recently finished The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and recommend it to anyone. This book perfectly juxtaposes the sadness yet auspicious nature of life through the main character. Throughout the entire book I felt so deeply for the boy but reveled in his coming of age. This is one of the books that you end up reading until odd hours in the morning and make you late for various occasions just to read one more page.
Here is to all of the men and women who have given their lives for our country. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day and had a chance to give thanks for everyone that have selflessly devoted themselves to our country.