After staring at my fridge the other day, I concluded two things: 1. pug magnets/cards were over taking my fridge and 2. my magnet collection needed to be spruced up a bit. Don’t get me wrong, I love ANYTHING related to pugs, but things were getting out of control.
I originally made the gold mini-animal figurines by spray painting them for cupcakes that I was asked to make for a babyshower. They were incredibly adorable on cupcakes but have since been packed away in my craft box. I figured I would put them to good use again and make them into magnets.
I simply bought a few packs of black magnets and broke into my new pink hot glue gun that I got for christmas to make these magnets. I got a thrill from using my pink glue gun and have no idea why I didn’t open it sooner. Pink hot glue gun > any other hot glue gun.
- small magnets (I found these at a local craft store)
- glue gun + glue sticks
- animal figurines or other magnet topper of choice
- Spray paint animal figurines gold (or other color of choice) with spray paint. Use a glove when spraying the underside and to turn the animals over. Let dry completely.
- Plug in hot glue gun to heat up. Separate magnets while you wait.
- Carefully glue the bottom of the animals feet. Press animal to magnet and hold until dry. The animals that I had with a bigger base of support (i.e. ducks, chickens, elephants) were much easier to glue on.
- Let glue dry completely and hang your new diy magnets!
These magnets now proudly display some of our favorite holiday cards, thank you cards, pictures and quotes on the front of our fridge. They add the perfect touch of gold to our fridge without being overly feminine. And not to worry, all the pug magnets and cards now reside only on one side of the fridge!