It’s our dear friend Rachel’s birthday in a couple days, and we knew we had to do something special for her.
It’s still dreary in Idaho — we keep seeing teases of Spring — so we were in the mood for some bright pops of color, pretty blooms, and of course glittery gold…everything was over-the-top feminine!
Sometimes we think that we do our best “work” at the last minute, and in the moment. We put this girls night dinner together in about 24 hours and it was a total blast.
Here’s a look at the details that made this a night to remember. We love you, Rachel!
Our main focus was color, including hot pink (what’s girlier than that?), bright yellow, lime green, and shades of teal. Despite the snow/rain outside, we managed to make it cheerful and inviting.
Here are some close-ups of the details:
For the menu, we wanted something simple, healthy, but hearty given the cold weather. We enjoyed:
- Prosecco with raspberry ice cubes, which we sipped out of skinny mason jars
- Red wine (of course, one of Krista’s recent favorites is Pendulum)
- Pelligrino with fun straws, also from a mason jar
- A beautiful cheese plate including baked brie, crackers, roasted garlic, peppered salami, olives, and apple
- Artichokes with Krista’s favorite dipping sauce — a little bit of mayo (which I usually hate), dijon mustard, lemon juice, soy sauce, and a splash of hot sauce of your choice
- Idaho baked potatoes, fully loaded, with sharp cheddar, sour cream, salsa, green onion, and bacon
- Chicken three bean chili, which could be enjoyed on the potato, or on the side
- Six green salad, which we also enjoyed at our St. Patty’s Day party
- A beautiful lemon cake baked by Taylor with a lemon glaze, thinly sliced pink grapefruit, and clear sprinkles on top — served with whipped cream
- Tall candles in a spectrum of pink added just enough drama
A FEW MORE PHOTOS FOR FUN:
Happy Birthday, Rachel!