These cookies have confirmed my obsession with almond flour. Other than it’s price, almond flour is perfect. It is a great substitute for traditional flour in cookies, pancakes or other baked goods. It adds a wonderful nutty flavor and texture and a decent amount of protein to any baked good.
Other than being far more protein packed than your traditional chocolate chip cookie, these almond flour cookies are gluten free. Even the pickiest of “gluten-free haters” will devour them and be none the wiser…
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup Grape-Seed oil (So random but Grape-Seed oil is also a great make-up remover – read about it here)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/2 gluten free quick oats
- ~1.5 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a baking sheet or line with a silicone mat.
- Cream softened butter, Grape-Seed oil and brown sugar together until combined. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and combine to the sugar mixture with vanilla extract.
- Add baking soda and salt and mix until well combined. An electric mixer works well.
- Add almond flour and oats in parts until well combined. Fold in chocolate chips to finish the dough.
- Form tablespoon sized balls of dough and drop onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool cookies or enjoy fresh out of the oven while warm!
I adapted these cookies slightly from Meaningful Eats ‘Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies’. These cookies are a perfect combination of chewy yet crunchy and are soon to be a new favorite in your house! Enjoy!